Monday, May 10, 2010

Ride with Lindy

Saturday morning, at 6:03 a.m. (yes, a.m.), Lindy and I clipped-in and hit the bike trail! I am thankful to have a friend like Lindy who, like me, is a morning person because on the weekends the bike trails in DC get busier than the highways. Some trail users get a bit crazy, too. A few weekends ago a woman, who was rollerblading and pushing a stroller (not a BOB), decided to do a random, unannounced U-turn---straight into me. Note: I was doing 24 m.p.h. Thankfully, I was able to stop, but you get my point.

We had a great ride. After serious pedaling we took a detour to take in the sights, sans-tourists. The sun rising behind the capitol is awesome...
We also discovered that it was Public Service Recognition Week on the mall and I got my picture taken with a cool helicopter!










Do you guys like my new USDA jersey? The back reads, "BioFuel Powered Vehicle"!!!!

All-in-all, a great morning. 3 hours and 30 minutes of riding, followed by a 15 minute run up a steep hill. Bliss.

1 comment:

  1. I love the last part..."followed by a 15 minute run up a steep hill"...not exactly what I would call "bliss", but it was definitely an awesome morning! Let's do it again soon!

    ReplyDelete